Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Education

Last weekend was full of chess. This post is about my education.
Education which doesn't free you is lame. Our education system is bulky. Education we had/having bind us. It doesn't free us. It makes us more knowledgeous. Knowledge in general boosts ego. The knowledge we have is all bookish. Bookish knowledge is not absolute. It's just a kind of information. You read those black lines and the information is stored in your neurons. That' it. Civilization has come coward. So you think the more you know, they more work you do your situation will be better. But that never happens. In my 10Th class I was crazy on study. I studied like anything. 16-17 hours per day. I had immense craze in mathematics and physics. I solved Irodov, Krotov, Resnick-Halliday, Tipler and many more...In my childhood, I used to dream about Nobel prize. Now, I don't want Nobel prize till my next 1 billion life time (if any ;)). That's what the change has happened in me. My attitude has changed totally. Now to me book is like an ash. When fire is finished, ash remains. That's what the book is - for me.
Till 8Th std. I was counted as an average student. That time didn't heard of IIT. Life was peaceful. It was going on. Was playing cricket in the evening. There was no future. No milestones. Only present was there. All problem started when I heard of IIT. Cricket stopped :(. When I got 99% marks in maths in matric. Wish I were lucky to get just 30% marks in maths. I would be more happy. I really really really really hate 99% marks. This was the highest marks in Bihar board. Then my dad thought I am an intelligent student. So, he asked me to prepare for JEE. He is right in his own way. I am thankful to him. But, he didn't know that I might be the most foolish student who ever walked on the earth. Because for me - Intelligence and foolishness is same. Different attributes of mind. But still mind. My real journey begins when mind drops. As long as mind is active - then it's a drama. I have no interest in that. Then gradually future started building up. Then the milestones started appearing. And the moment you start seeing milestone, a journey, a destination - you are gone. Because, there is always a next milestone. To me, now there is no journey, no destination, no milestones. My marching is over. I marched. I marched a lot. And only thing I learnt by marching and marching that you don't get anything out of marching. Marching is like a mirage. It leads nowhere. But, it does appear to lead somewhere. An apparent reality. Not the absolute reality.
To be frank, I never wanted to touch a book ever. I wanted to enjoy. To celebrate the existence. I just touched it to meet social expectations. Family expectations. The biggest question they ask is - what will you do if you don't study? Now this is a stupid question asked by stupid people to the stupid people. I am not stupid. As if I have taken birth to do something. What can I do? Who has done so far? Name me a single person in the entire history who had done anything good? Good or bad, finally, they all went to their grave. Death comes and take away everything you have. All these problems is due to death. If people don't die - then what you are saying makes sense. Then you go on making money. Go on reading books. No one is going to stop you. Remember one thing, today is only for today. Tomorrow might be different.
I wanted and still want an education which can free me. Which doesn't boost my ego. Lets imagine if education doesn't give job. Who will study? No one will study. So, there is an incentive in the education. That, you get a job. I wanted incentive free education. But society has always lured you. By giving some incentive. Which for some reason is enough for your survival. But you miss to become infinite. As I said, society doesn't want you to be infinite. They want you to behave like an obedient slave.

Never show your intelligence to your elder relatives. There are reason behind this. Take an example of your mom. Your mom has seen you when you were infant. When you couldn't even walk that time. They made you walking. They taught you A, B, C D...So for them you will be always a kid no matter how intelligent you are. Because, they have seen you dragging in the dust. They wont believe you. My mom says, I used to eat ants, soils etc. Who will trust a person who used to eat soil ever? That's the one reason why great great people are not easily recognized where they grew up. Because they have seen their childhood. They saw you toppling in the mud. They get shocked. This happend with BUDDHA also. Wish Jesus also. When BUDDHA went to meet his father after his enlightenment. His father was thinking and behaving like earlier. Buddha gave many logic. But Shudhodana could't understand. He can't. Because he taught Siddhartha how to walk. In the city of Nazareth people used to call Jesus - he is the same shapherd. They can't imagine a shepherd becoming infinite. Similar thing happend with Krishna also. So, friends never show your intelligencey to elder people. Especially who have seen your childhood. They won't buy your any argument. They will simply neglect it. :)