Saturday, March 15, 2008

How Ethical?

I want to do a startup. My parents wants me to do normal job. What should I do in this case? Should I disobey my parents? Should I become too conscious about my career? I am thankful to my parents to give me birth. But my journey is separate. I came through him. But I don't belong to him. Practically, I exist as a separate entity. Family is a social arrangement. Only humans have concept of family. No animal has concept of family. Have you ever seen an animal marrying? Father is nothing but a social arrangement. Family is a group of people with whom you spend slightly more time as compared to others. You stay under same roof. That's practicality. My father is just a medium to give me a birth. The whole creation has to support the birth. Has to sustain a birth. Each and every atom of the universe has to support birth. Has to accommodate birth. So, that way I am son of every atom of the universe. Because every atom contributed in some manner in my creation. That's the real feeling of gratitude. The gratitude you feel towards your dad is partial. It's not a pure gratitude. If for some reason your dad stop sending you money you would start hating him. Because you had a conditional gratitude towards him. You have to feel complete gratitude towards everybody. Not just for your dad. Feel complete gratitude towards everybody. Including you enemies also. Lol. Let's take an example of a stranger. Society has polluted the word stranger. The very first impression of the word stranger is something obscure, something unknown. Something fishy. This changes your whole attitude towards strangers. You start treating strangers an unwanted person. Because this is what society has taught you which you have been following for centuries. Like an blind obedient follower. But you missed a lot. Like you have three types of numbers - positive, negative and neutral. Similarly you have 3 kinds of people. First your family and friends. Second your enemies and criticizers. Third strangers. You know some people. You cannot know 6 B people. So for you, number of strangers is much more than the number of peoples in your family and friends. So, that way importance of strangers is increased. Don't think only your friends and family are helping you. Everybody is helping everybody in some manner. Of which you have no idea. You have no idea how a person in Sahara is helping you indirectly. Even if strangers are not helping you directly, then atleast they are not doing something bad with you. Much better case.
Now if I do a startup then my parents will be unhappy. So what should I do? I have my own ego. My dad has his own. Two ego clashes, most probably destructively. I do not say that I don't have ego. TBF - I have a huge ego. I am trying to give it up. But the more I give the more it builds up.I am not saying I am right, and my dad is wrong. No one is right or wrong here. Only perspective is different. My dad has been working in the same organization for almost 30 years. What a consistency. I changed my job in just 2.5 years of my job. I am not competing with my dad to show my consistency. I have a different perspective. He has different. Now its just matter of chance that our perspective doesn't match. Sometimes it happens. A father will never believe his son talking more intellectually than him. You might be able to defeat your dad in a debate, but his inner core won't accept it. Because he has a mindset running from 30 years of being a Creator of his son's existence. And Creator is always bigger. He saw you as infant. He made you walking. He has seen your childhood. How you were not even able to walk or speak. Now the same son who was not even able to speak when imparts his idealism on his dad then his dad is hurt. He get shocked. This where comes the son's duty to respect dad's feeling. If your son is fully illuminated. You will be in trouble. He won't listen you. Buddha didn't listen to his dad. Suddhodan loved him a lot. Perhaps more than any father who would have ever loved his son. The strange thing happens when Buddha goes to meet his dad after his enlightenment. Sudhodana was behaving as if his son is still the same Siddhartha whom he used to lift on his lap. Suddhodan had no idea of Buddha's spiritual status. He cannot see that. Because, he is the cause of his birth.
To please my parents, I am not doing any formal startup in the immediate future.

No comments: