Friday, March 14, 2008

Deep Meditation

I am not supporter of deep meditation from practicality point of view. Whenever you talk about something. It has two aspect - one is practicality other is transcendental. If you have liability like family, friends, kids, wife etc I would not suggest you to go very very deep meditation. Ask why?

Because, in deep meditation you get connected with BRAHMAN. And BRAHMAN is infinite. It's ocean of infinite depth which has no beginning and ending. The ocean on the earth has beginning and ending. It Has finite depth(11 Km Max) . BRAHMAN is the ocean of infinite depth in all direction. So, in deep meditation your consciousness starts accessing BRAHMAN. Mind is virtually stop. Only I remains - Savikalp Samathi. There will be some trace of I-ness. I-ness in that state has no idea where it is, what he is doing, and how to get out of that state. That is the problem. It happend to me once. Meditation was so deep that I was not able to come out of it. It had almost touched to source of I-ness. From where feeling of I-ness arise. Only I-ness was there. Fortunately (fortunate for my liability, unfortunate for me), that I-ness didn't disappear. If that I-ness disappeared then? Then soul will release the body and I-ness will be merged into BRAHMAN. The game is over. But I didn't want game to be over. So the trace of I-ness remained and ultimately came out of meditation.

The point I am making is it becomes difficult to come out of deep meditation. Because meditation is so deep the feeling of I-ness starts disappearing. You should only go into deep meditation when you really really really want to go. Very similarly when you go to a sea shore. You play in the less water. But if you go ahead into deep water you will be drowned right? But if you really decided to drown then go ahead. Similar thing happens in the meditation. Indian philosophy describe it in layers. There are 5 layers of consciousness. 1. Annmaya Kosha 2. Pranmaya Kosha 3. Manomaya Kosha 4. Vigyanmaya Kosha 5. Anandmaya Kosha.

You can go upto Vigyanmaya Kosha. Ananadmaya kosha is the last. There is no way to come out of it.

:)

No comments: