Monday, June 16, 2008

To many IITs...

I don't know why Govt. is starting so many IITs. 7 IITs are enough. Earlier IITs used to have only 2000 seats. Now it has increased to almost 7000 (although JEE takers also has increased). That means getting into IITs are are easier now. Unlucky were those guys who got 2000+ but < 7000 rank in older JEEs. IITs are center of excellence. If govt. starts more and more IITs, IIT brand name will be diluted. Of course, we need engineers, but that can be done by resurrecting existing engineering colleges. You can produce IITs but you can't produce brains. IITians are finest brains in the world. I am totally against of opening new IITs and increasing seats. I want to see companies going for placement into MIT(Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology) too. I would not like to go to IITs if MIT gives placement.

Lately, I was looking at JEE'08 question. Now, it's damn objective test. No subjective. I didn't know it deteriorated this much. No wonder many students are failing in the first year of their study. Lol.

4 comments:

रेवा स्मृति (Rewa) said...

Hmmm....but people also have to understand that IIT is not the end of life! There are many other things apart from IIT. Jisne yeh samajh liya wo kahin se bhi aage nikal sakta hai aur kuch bhi kar sakta hai.

Shubh said...

No one knows what is beginining or end of life. do u?

रेवा स्मृति (Rewa) said...

Yes; I know when it comes to take decision! Bcos I can not destroy my life just bcos not getting into of IIT. I am not talking about philosophy here!

Shubh said...

The post doesn't talk about what one should do and what one should not do. Post says opening new IITs is not the solutions. There is only 1 Harvard, only 1 Oxford, only 1 MIT, only 1 Stanford then why 7 IITs and more r coming...?

I understand your point you are pointing.