Saturday, April 12, 2008

Settling in India or USA

For we techie this is always an open question where to work? India or USA? Both has it's pros and cons. In USA where you get rich dollars but that keeps you busy life and keeps you away from family. In India, money may not be that much, but at least you enjoy to stay in your homeland. However from business perspective, in spite of so much slowdown in the finance sector, USA is still an undisputed land of limitless opportunity. One of my business partner in NJ is forcing me hard to come to NJ. Me being from VLSI background is difficult to get a job in NJ. As to my knowledge there is no or not so good VLSI companies in NJ. Getting a job in silicon valley should not be a big deal. What I wanted to do was, incorporate in USA. And start with consultancy first. Then to service based. Then to product based. Consultancy is easier. Everybody can be a consultant. Get paid project from USA and do it at low cost in India.
As of today, I am not feeling to work in USA. My job is such that if I get high-speed Internet and electricity in my village, I can peacefully work from there. Provided my manager allows me to work from home. What it needs is just a VPN access to company's network.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends asked me on last sunday saying that I am not able to decide whether i stay in US or not. What to do? We discussed a lot about this and there are several points came out. I asked him that, people once start work in US then why they are not willing to come to work in India. He said many reasons like work style, fecilities etc and the reasons are absolutely correct, but kya kare yeh dil hai hindustani....:-)

Anonymous said...

But one thing, why don't we start something in Bihar? I know it's very difficult but not impossible na! Think upon this.

Shubh said...

In Katihaar, someone opened a software company. Here is the link http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/393947.cms

It can be done in Bihar also. Operating cost will be less in Bihar.

Shubh said...

Also please tell what was the outcome of your discussion with your friend.