Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Holiday Over

This I am posting from my residence at Bangalore. 25 days holiday is over. In Muzaffarpur I was accessing net by Airtel GPRS. Very Slow. 128 Kbps. Earlier was staying with mummy. Now have to stay alone. Don't know who will cook for me? Fasting?? Lol

Vaishali visit was the best part. Holi was so so. Evening cricket was enjoyable too. Roaming in the city with Prasoon on the bike was even more enjoyable. Especially, roaming in the old Muzaffarpur. I have many memories associated with old Muzaffarpur viz. Purani Bazar, Sahoo Pokhar, Chhata Bajar etc. In the childhood days, we used to go there to buy Kites. These places are soul of Muzaffarpur. If you want to understand Muzaffarpur visit these places.

One day a saffron clad monk came to beg alms at our home. I asked him - Have you gained the knowledge? Why are you wandering? He was a wandering monk. He said - "No, not yet. I am going to Simaria ghat then to Kamakhya. Folks at Kamakhya will teach me later. For now I just have to wander". I told him - "Truth has nothing to do with you wandering. A normal people also wanders. He wanders for money, fame and prestige. You are also wandering for the truth. You and he both are wandering. So why you will get knowledge and he will not?" He didn't answer anything. My mom gave him 2 rupees and he went. Lots of innocent monks are fooled that way. Wandering saffron clad monks are everywhere in India. To my surprise - why there is no female wandering monk? Never saw a female wandering monks. I wanted to talk more with him. But he appeared to be in hurry. Society is always in hurry. Society goes, but it goes nowhere. Society has no destination, but it has a path. It will show you a path, but not the destination.

I am thinking why we don't have 1 billion people like Buddha. अरबों खरबों मे कोई एक बुद्धत्व को उपलब्ध होता है। Why this number is so less?

No comments: