Monday, November 29, 2010

Contradictions

Our holy teachers taught us that contradictions are not good. We should avoid contradictions. Contrarily, I find contradictions very beautiful when analyzed carefully. Often contradictions turns out to be complementary. First of all, what is required is a clear mind free from illusions which just see the reality as it is. But how do you know what is an illusion and what is not an illusion? Now this is a million $ question. There are two separate distinct school of thoughts at this point. The thought of eastern civilization originated mostly from India - "This is unreal, that is real." And the thought of west - "This is real, that is unreal." This is where east and west contradictions in proposing the reality.

I feel that these school of thought should be merged to - "This is real, that is real" - Even unreal is real. We cannot simply deny the unreal. Since unreal is the part of this very existence, it should be merged to real. So, everything is real as far as understanding is concerned. Then east and west are in consensus at this point - the convergence of reality.

Now coming to practical aspect of my life. I have not cared for good and bad. I simply live experimentally. Experience can be good and bad with which I am not concerned. But, I am concerned with the experience. I simply don't believe in just living a consistent "so called" good life. I hate the word - "consistent". Really really hate this word - consistent. But if it happens on it's own, naturally, it's okay. Then it's perfectly okay. Anything which happens naturally, be it consistent, inconsistent, good, bad, is good. However, the life in general remains mysterious and inconsistent. As a student I have received, both good and bad feedback. One teacher told me you are a very intelligent student. Never seen an intelligent hard working like you. The other teacher told me you are a fool. The deviation of complements received in my life varies too much. Even in professional life I received both very good performer and then average performer. Have you ever think on "average". This is such a beautiful word. I will write about average sometime later. Meanwhile keep thinking on - "law of average" :)

No comments: