Saturday, November 6, 2010

Buddha's sleep

Anand lived with buddha for many years, for years he slept near
buddha. One morning he asked buddha, "for years i have been watching
you sleep. Not once do you ever change sides; you sleep the whole
night in the same position. Your limbs stay where they were when you
laid down at night; there is not even slightest movement. Many times i
have got up at night to check whether you have moved. I have stayed up
nights watching you - your hands, your feet, rest in the same
position; you never ever change sides. Do you keep some kind of a
record of your sleep the whole night?"
"I dont need to keep records," Buddha replied. I sleep in a conscious
state, so i find no need to change sides. I can if i want to. "

Lesson - we should be aware of even our sleep. Means be always aware.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: